Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

For the Oil Spill, What Would America's Mayor Do?

Share
Since folks to include your humble blogger brought up America's mayor as an example of leadership as opposed to Obama's fumbling of the oil spill clean up, what would Rudy Giuliani do? He tells us here on MSNBC's Morning Joe.




Via Real Clear Politics:


Mika Brzezinski asks Giuliani "What would you do?"


"I know exactly what I would have done. The first thing I would have done is to bring in outside experts who knew as much or more about this than BP because I wouldn't trust just BP to run it for me. I wouldn't want my fate, the fate of my people, the fate of the southern part of this country in the hands of BP. I would have gone and I'd have called up the people you're talking about, the people I talked about the other night. Are there people that are better than BP, I would have asked. The answer is "yes." Are there people that are far better than BP? Yes. Is BP good at this? No. Then give me the people that are the best. After all, I'm the President of the United States or the Mayor of New York City. You can get anything you want. Give me the people that are the best. I want them here-- He hasn't called any of these people. Not a single one. Go ask them. He has not talked to them, he doesn't like them, he doesn't trust them. He's gone to academics because that's what he trusts."

No comments:

Post a Comment